Unit Associate - Full-Time Days 8am-4:30pm
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Summary: Maintain the organization of the unit to ensure communication and smooth workflow.|
Reports To: Assistant Nurse Manager, Nurse Manager, Clinical Nurse Leader, Nursing Director
Titles Supervised: N/A
Hours Per Week: 40 hours, 8am - 4:30pm day position
1. Organizes and coordinates the daily activities of the unit related to physician visits including setting up physician visits, patient/resident appointments, lab and x-ray appointments; Prioritizes work to meet unit/department needs and maintains all unit files and medical records in an appropriate and confidential manner.
2. Orders and checks in over the counter medications and unit supplies.
3. Schedules and coordinates meetings requested by Nurse Manager/Director. Types unit correspondence/memos, resolves maintenance issues.
4. Answer phones/call bells and relates messages within the unit promptly and courteously.
5. Communicates tactfully with residents/patients recognizing their age, needs, abilities and physical condition. Serves as resource to staff, physicians, residents/patients, families and visitors.
6. Other related duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or GED. Graduate of a medical secretary program or equivalent work experience is preferred.
Experience: One year of experience in health care setting. Must have ability to handle multiple tasks and have strong communication, customer service and computer skills.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Must be able to work in an environment with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and at times hostile residents within the facility. Ability to handle multiple demands and deadlines; Ability to read and communicate effectively; Knowledge of medical terminology; Ability to utilize various software packages to carryout position responsibilities.
This description of responsibilities is intended to reflect the major responsibilities and duties of the job, but is not intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.