Care Coordinator, Senior Choice At Home
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Department:||Senior Choice At Home|
|Description:||Summary: Provide full-spectrum care management services to members who have purchased long-term care navigation and health services. Care manager will be responsible for cognitive evaluations, care coordination and guidance across the spectrum of health, home care, assisted living, long-term care, and hospice. Performs assessment of client needs, supportive counseling, and is responsible for ensuring coordination of appropriate and desired services. Supports program growth through participation in member events and outreach activities.|
|Duties:||1. Schedules and completes pre-admission cognitive assessments of prospective members. This may include a mini-mental exam, depression screen, nutritional and home assessment and level of care guidelines (ADL's/IADL's) on an as needed basis. |
2. Initiates the Member's Care Plan and maintains detailed records of all member activity in the memberís personal file and Senior Choice at Home programís electronic management system.
3. Manages a caseload of members, including regular communication with members and their families, assessments of needs, coordinating and scheduling services.
4. Activates care coordination for members and supervises the provision of care rendered by the staff.
5. Coordinates medical care and transferral of medical records and health information records to appropriate services.
6. Develops and implements wellness programs for members.
7. Develops and updates an outside referral directory for members including resources available in the community for seniors.
8. Participates in the admission process of prospective Members.
9. Provides caregiver services, including 24 hour on-call service, in-home support, mentoring, & supportive guidance
Experience: At least 2 years in case management or a related field with the senior population. Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to interact and communicate effectively with Members, families, staff, providers, professional community and others is required.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.