Therapeutic Recreation Assistant - Per Diem
|Employment Type:||Per Diem|
|Description:||Summary: Perform diversified duties to assist in Therapeutic Recreation activities.|
Reports To: Coordinator of Therapeutic Recreation, Therapeutic Recreation Supervisor
1. Prepare activity rooms, obtain and setup any equipment required for scheduled activity.
2. Transport resident by wheelchair or escort ambulatory Residents. Set up and organize Resident with their individual or group projects and assist as necessary.
3. Encourage participation, interest and motivate the Residents in programs.
4. Straighten and maintain order in all activity areas and assure adequate inventory of supplies are maintained.
5. Maintain records of Resident activity attendance. Distribute nourishment during recreation activities.
6. Attend and participate in a variety of staff meetings and inservices. Maintain regular attendance.
7. Other related duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: None required
Ability to handle multiple demand and deadlines; Ability to read and communicate effectively; Ability to utilize various software packages to carry out position responsibilities.
This description of responsibilities is intended to reflect the major responsibilities and duties of the job, but is not intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.