RN/LPN- K 40 Hours 2nd Shift
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Summary: Provides nursing care to assigned residents in accordance with the core values of The Jewish Home. Practices within the scope of the role of the RN or LPN. Manages charge responsibility of nursing unit and assumes responsibility for the delivery of care to all residents/patients on the unit. |
Reports To: Assistant Nurse Manager, Nurse Manager, Nursing Supervisor
Titles Supervised: Licensed Practical Nurses, Certified Nursing Assistants
Hours Per Week - 40 hours RN/LPN positions have varying weekend requirements depending of the needs of each unit.
|Duties:||Essential Job Functions: |
1. Provides nursing care appropriate to the needs and abilities of the resident including: medication and treatment administration; teaching; implementation of the interdisciplinary care plan, etc.
2. Clarifies, transcribes and carries out physician orders.
3. Documents accurate information in a timely and concise manner as required per regulations and The Jewish Home.
4. Provide assessments when changes in residentís/patientís condition occur. Verify and co-sign all orders transcribed by the LPN.
5. Contributes to the MDS and care plan by collecting data in an ongoing and systematic manner.
6. Communicates and collaborates effectively with resident/patients, families, colleagues and other members of the interdisciplinary team to meet resident/patient and unit needs.
7. Supervise the care provided by LPNís and CNAís to assure compliance with the interdisciplinary care plan.
8. Participates in educational programs, in services, meetings and workshops and utilizes current literature to enhance professional skills and knowledge.
9. Participates in quality improvement programs.
10. Adheres to the policies and procedures of The Jewish Home. Maintains confidentiality at all times.
11. (RN)Successfully completes the Core Competencies for the role of an RN. (LPN)Successfully completes Core Competency for LPN.
12. Works weekends and holidays on a rotating basis according to the needs of the assignment.
13. All other duties as assigned.
Education: Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
Experience: 1+ years clinical experience in a long term care setting preferred
Licensure: RN or LPN, State of Connecticut, CPR certification
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and at times hostile residents within the facility. Ability to handle multiple demands and deadlines; Ability to read and communicate effectively; Ability to utilize various software packages to carryout position responsibilities.
This description of responsibilities is intended to reflect the major responsibilities and duties of the job, but is not intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.