Senior Receptionist 40 hours (1:00pm-9:00pm)
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Responsible for the Tandet desk during the evening and other flexible hours. This includes maintaining switchboard, greeting visitors, directing visitors and special projects.
Reports To: Supervisor, Switchboard/Reception
Titles Supervised: None
Schedule: 1:00pm - 9:00pm 40 hours per week
The applicant needs to be available also to help with coverage on holidays and weekends.
1. Provides excellent customer service, assistance, guidance, and direction to visitors and resident/patients. Ascertains the nature of their business; assist and/or direct visitors to various locations. Calls for an escort when necessary. Covers Bennett or Kuriansky desks. In absence of supervisor, assumes duties and responsibilities.
2. Receives and sorts incoming and out-going mail. Handles messages, flowers and other items; notifies appropriate personnel. Arranges for the delivery of items to residents/patients and appropriate personnel.
3. Handles incoming emergencies, following established policies and procedures, notifies and directs appropriate personnel and follows all established security procedures. Monitors residents with wander guard bracelets.
4. Serves as “hand holder” to upset residents and patients. Reports issues of importance to applicable department head and supervisor. Changes resident status per census reports. Changes resident status in ADL.
5. Performs clerical support duties as workload permits. Typing and light data input using MS Office. Operates copy and fax machines. Assists with front office priority work projects.
6. Participates in educational programs and inservice meetings. Train other receptionist upon request.
7. Types admission pink card s for residents and replacement bracelets
8. Maintains all established departmental and facility policies. Maintains high level of confidentially.
9. Other related duties as assigned.
Education: High School diploma or GED
Ability to handle multiple demands and deadlines; Ability to communicate effectively; Ability to utilize various software packages to carryout position responsibilities.
Physical and Mental Demands:
This description of responsibilities is intended to reflect the major responsibilities and duties of the job, but is not intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.