|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Medical Home Care|
|Description:||Job Title Scheduler – Home Care & Hospice|
Department Home Care
Supervisor Coordinator, Home Care
Job Objective Under the direction of the Coordinator, Home Care, to schedule aides, provide high level of customer service and office support and work in collaboration with aides, office and clinical staff and clients.
|Duties:||Essential Job Functions|
1. Scheduling/Staffing and Customer service including: Schedule caregivers with clients regularly and on ad hoc basis when necessary; use scheduling system to staff cases effectively; match clients with appropriate caregivers; open and close cases at start and end of case; support the filing of time sheets for aides; make necessary calls to ensure coverage for call-out situations; ensure schedule completion according to client request and MD order; provide customer service, answer phones and questions and provide materials and information to interested caregivers and potential clients; communicate appropriately with all staff, supervisors and clients, relay changes in aides/schedules; share information related to all services; ensure physician and provider office staff are connected with clinical staff as needed and triage problem situations calling on back up supervisor when necessary.
2. On-Call Coverage: Monitor calls as they come in, triage problems and cover cases as calls outs occur (contact supervisor as needed), take new case information and share service options with potential clients.
3. Other duties as assigned.
Physical and Mental Requirements
1. Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
2. Ability to speak clearly and be understood.
3. Able to hear normal sounds within some background of noise as in answering the phone, intercom, etc.
4. Visual acuity to see computer and read printed documents.
5. Ability to distinguish color.
6. Ability to concentrate on fine details with interruptions.
7. Ability to attend to tasks/functions for more than 60 minutes at a time.
8. Ability to understand and relate to the reasons behind several related concepts.
9. Ability to remember multiple tasks /assignments given to self and others over long periods of time.
10. Ability to perform gross body coordination such as walking, stooping, filing, etc.
11. Ability to perform tasks which require hand eye coordination such as keyboard skills, writing or picking up paper.
Education High School Diploma or GED
Experience 3-5 years previous related field
Licensure Valid Motor Vehicle Driver’s Licence
1. Ability to effectively and efficiently schedule caregivers to meet business and client needs.
2. Ability to provide excellent customer service.
3. Good computer, organizational, oral and written communication skills.
4. Ability to meet deadlines and handle mutiple tasks.
5. Functions either independently or as an active team member.
6. Ability to manage interpersonal relationships with various personalities.
7. Working flexible hours.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.