Registered Nurse - Hospice (40 hrs.)
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Summary: The RN is responsible for the assessment of the client. Must be a license RN. Works at the clientís home, skilled facility, or other place of residence providing services in accordance with agency policy. Performs health care services for the client that reflects the agencyís philosophy and standards of care, provides comprehensive client care following the physician and teamís plan of care, and performs technical skills safely and in accordance with the agencyís policies and procedures. Performs nursing care as defined within the Nurse Practice Act and stated agency policies and procedures.|
Reports To: Supervisor of Clinical Services
Titles Supervised Licensed Practical Nurses, Certified Nursing Assistants
1. Admission of patients for service and development of the initial plan of care within 48 hours of admission with input form at least one other member of the hospice interdisciplinary team.
2. Development and implementation of the individualized interdisciplinary patient/family plan of care.
3. Implementation or delegation of responsibility for twenty-four hours nursing service and home health aide services.
4. Coordination of services with the patient, family, interdisciplinary team and others involved in the plan of care and delivery of patient care services.
5. Regular evaluation of patientís progress, prompt action when any change in the patientís condition is noted or reported.
6. Completes initial nursing assessment within 48 hours of the clientís admission and prepares plan of care.
7. Performs technical skills safely and according to accepted procedures.
8. Demonstrates a working knowledge of equipment
9. Explains all procedures, treatments, medications, and clientís plan of care to client and family, as appropriate.
10. Charts progress notes, reviews client status and care provided. Provide progress notes to the patientís health care provider about the patients under care when the patientís conditions change to there is a deviation from the plan of care or at least every sixty days.
11. Complies with collection of required documentation for timely submission to the appropriate payor.
12. Documents and communicates client responses and the effectiveness of nursing/medical interventions in the clientís clinical record.
13. Directs the activities of the clinical care to LPNs, CNAs and other ancillary staff. Prepares written instructions and supervises the staff in the home, in accordance with policy, and state and federal regulations.
14. Follows established lines of communication and authority.
15. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the clientís physician.
16. Demonstrates respect for client confidentiality and clients rights per state and federal regulations.
17. Act as the coordinator of the health care team in order to maintain continuum of care with all disciplines, including contracted services.
18. Maintains current CPR certification and as required by state regulations and demonstrates the ability to initiate and direct emergency measures where required.
19. Complies with attendance policy, and adheres to established professional dress code.
20. Promotes own professional growth by maintaining certifications and by obtaining required CEUs.
21. Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of and practices within the Infection Control Policies and Procedures established.
22. Assists with restorative services including ambulation and related therapies.
23. Communicates regularly with the Supervisor of Clinical Services.
24. Participates in the on call rotation.
25. Completes admission and discharge of clients in a timely fashion.
26. Utilizes effective written/verbal communication.
27. Turn in all paperwork in a timely
28. All other duties as assigned.
Education Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Must be registered with the state Board of Nursing. Must meet all requirements for the applicable state regulatory agency. Must have previous work experience as a Registered Nurse in a clinical environment. Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
Experience 1+ years clinical experience in a hospital or similar health care setting preferred
Licensure RN, State of Connecticut, CPR certification
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.