Dining Services Associate- Per Diem
|Employment Type:||Per Diem|
|Description:||Summary: Performs various duties concerned with setting up and delivering of food trays for the residents/patients of The Jewish Home and assists in the main dining room and kitchen as assigned.|
Reports To: Director of Dining Services, Assistant Director of Dining Services, Dining Service Managers, Shift Leaders
Titles Supervised: None
Hours Per Week: Per Diem
1. Set up food trays according to tray ticket making sure the correct diet is adhered to, any needed nourishments are included and all food and beverage items are properly placed on trays. Push food trucks to units as necessary.
2. Prepare nourishments and snacks for residents as indicated by daily production sheets. Deliver items to units.
3. Assist in assembling food trays. Assist with serving food on the tray line and in the main dining room. Set up, clear, clean and sanitize dining room tables; clean and sanitize dining room chairs.
4. After meals, assist in the cleaning of food trays and food trucks as well as soiled dishes and cutlery.
5. Prepare for next meal with clean tableware.
6. Detect and report damaged equipment or any unusual conditions to supervisor.
7. Maintain supplies used for nourishment and meal preparation in a proper and sanitary manner.
8. Insure table service in Main Dining Room is done in an effective and organized manner. Suggest revisions to Table Service Procedures when necessary. Provide information to maintain accurate seating chart.
9. Provide feedback as to utilization of Dining Service supplies on the units.
10. Other related duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Ability to handle multiple demands and deadlines; Ability to read and communicate; Ability to utilize various culinary machines to carryout position responsibilities.
This description of responsibilities is intended to reflect the major responsibilities and duties of the job, but is not intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.