Occupational Therapist (Per Diem)
|Employment Type:||Per Diem|
|Description:||Summary: Provide quality occupational therapy evaluation, treatment and documentation for all rehabilitation clients. Function as an effective interdisciplinary team member and demonstrate excellent customer relations.|
Reports To: Rehabilitation Clinical and Administrative Supervisors
Titles Supervised: Occupational Therapist Assistants, Rehab Aides
Hours Per Week: Per Diem
1. Provide occupational therapy services in a professional manner in accordance with approved methods of practice.
2. Evaluation, assessment and treatment related to dysfunction as a result of injury, surgery or acute/chronic disease.
3. Provide adaptation in patientís environment to maximize safety.
4. Instruct other healthcare professionals/family members on strategies and specific procedures to assist patients in achieving maximal function and safety.
5. Exhibit timely, efficient, satisfactory completion of assignments and documentation with minimal or no assistance.
6. Maintain a high level of flexibility in scheduling to accommodate departmental needs.
7. Accurately record daily billable treatment times according to the rehabilitation department procedures.
8. Participate in departmental and facility in-services.
9. Participate in professional education and quality improvement activities.
10. Successful completion of Core Competencies and work one Saturday per month.
11. Other related duties as assigned.
Education: BS Occupational Therapy from an accredited university
Experience: 1 year experience in a long term or acute care setting
Licensure: CT license; certified by the national board of certification in Occupational Therapy; valid driverís license
The staff occupational therapist executes policies and procedures of the Therapy department and The Jewish Home for the Elderly; maintains up to date knowledge of practices and skills in the profession of Occupational Therapy. Understands and implements instructions for equipment and procedures prescribed for Occupational Therapy. Reads and communicates effectively with physicians, coworkers and families and maintains high ethical standards. Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and at times hostile residents within the facility.
This description of responsibilities is intended to reflect the major responsibilities and duties of the job, but is not intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.