RN-Adult Day Care - Per Diem
|Employment Type:||Per Diem|
|Department:||Adult Day Center|
|Description:||Summary: Evaluates, coordinates, supervises and/or provides for the total health care needs of clients.|
Reports To: Program Director
Titles Supervised: n/a
Per Diem hours
|Duties:||Essential Job Functions: To perform clinical services for clients.|
1. Conduct new client intakes and assessments to determine the appropriateness of referrals as needed.
2. Serve as a member of the interdisciplinary team. Maintain client confidentiality and respect client dignity.
3. Conduct/Assess the nutritional, medical, physical and mental functional needs of the clients during the initial assessment and ongoing as necessary.
4. Participate in care plans as clients enter the program and ongoing.
5. Case Manage Health issues or illness, which includes verbal and written contact with physicians and other health care agencies.
6. Coordinate any on-site medical or health care emergencies. Dispense medications and maintain a strict protocol regarding medication. Chart regarding the health and behavior of each client.
7. Supervise clients at lunch to monitor diets, eating patterns and safety issues and participate in therapeutic recreation activities as needed.
8. Market and represent The Jewish Home/Adult Day Care to the community through on-site visits and speaking engagements. Provide health education, support and community resource opportunities for clients/families.
9. Responsible for completion of chart documentation, which includes but is not limited to intake information, progress notes, MD physicals, care plans and PPD information.
10. Training RN or LPN students in clinical experiences in Adult Day Care. Supervise Program Aides. Assist in the selection, evaluating and training of staff.
11. Give general supervision to Activity Assistants and work as a team to provide complete care for clients.
12. Maintain regular attendance; perform other related duties as assigned.
Education: Graduate of accredited nursing school; BSN preferred.
Experience: 3-5 years of nursing experience. Work in a community-based setting and knowledge of services and entitlements for frail elderly are a plus
Licensure: State of Connecticut Nursing License; CPR certification