Physical Therapist Assistant (Per Diem)
|Employment Type:||Per Diem|
|Description:||Summary: Provide quality physical therapy treatment and documentation for all rehabilitation clients. Function as an effective interdisciplinary team member and demonstrate excellent customer relations.|
Reports To: Rehabilitation Clinical and Administrative Supervisors
Titles Supervised: Rehab Aides
Hours Per Week: Per Diem
1. Provide appropriate Physical Therapy treatment interventions under guidance of a Physical Therapist.
2. Assist in updating goals and treatment strategies based on evaluation findings and patient needs.
3. Promote effective interpersonal and interdisciplinary relationships while maintaining professional conduct at all times.
4. Instruct other healthcare professionals/ family members on strategies and specific procedures to assist patients in achieving maximal function and safety.
5. Exhibit timely, efficient and satisfactory completion of assignments and documentation with minimal or no assistance.
6. Maintain a high level of flexibility in scheduling to accommodate departmental needs.
7. Accurately record daily billable treatment times according to the rehabilitation department procedures.
8. Participate in departmental and facility In-services.
9. Successful completion of Core Competencies.
10. Work one Saturday per month.
11. Other related duties as assigned.
Education: Associate Degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited university
Experience: 1 year experience in a long term or acute care setting
Licensure: State of CT Physical Therapist Assistant license; valid driverís license
The staff Physical Therapist Assistant is responsible for providing appropriate physical therapy treatment for a patientís level of function. The Physical Therapist Assistant is responsible for documentation in accordance with American Physical Therapy Association and Jewish Home for the Elderly policies and procedures. The staff Physical Therapist Assistant participates in program development, continuing education, departmental staff meeting and quality improvement programs.
Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and at times hostile residents within the facility.
This description of responsibilities is intended to reflect the major responsibilities and duties of the job, but is not intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.