Physical Therapist-Per Diem
|Employment Type:||Per Diem|
|Department:||Medical Home Care|
|Description:||Summary: Provide quality physical therapy evaluation, treatment and documentation for all rehabilitation clients. Function as an effective interdisciplinary team member and demonstrate excellent customer relations.|
Reports To:Rehabilitation Clinical and Administrative Supervisors
Titles Supervised: Physical Therapist Assistants, Rehab Aides
Hours Per Week: Per Diem
1. Provide Physical Therapy services in a professional manner in accordance with approved methods of practice adhering to the guidelines of the American Physical Therapy Association.
2. Evaluation, assessment and treatment related to dysfunction as a result of injury, surgery or acute/chronic disease.
3. Instruct other heathcare professionals/family members on strategies and specific procedures to assist patient in achieving maximal function and safety.
4. Promote effective interpersonal and interdisciplinary relationships while maintaining professional conduct at all times.
5. Exhibit timely, efficient, satisfactory completion of assignments and documentation with minimal or no assistance.
6. Maintain a high level of flexibility in scheduling to accommodate changes.
7. Accurately record daily billable treatment times according to the rehabilitation department procedures.
8. Participates in departmental and facility In-services.
9. Successful completion of Core Competencies.
10. Work one Saturday per month.
11. Other related duties as assigned.
Education: BS Physical Therapy from an accredited university
Experience: 1 year experience in a long term or acute care setting
Licensure: CT license; certified by the national board of certification in Physical Therapy; valid driverís license
The Staff Physical Therapist is responsible for evaluating a patientís level of function and developing and administering appropriate therapeutic plans. The Therapist is responsible for documentation in accordance with American Physical Therapy Association and The Jewish Home for the Elderly policies and procedures. The staff Physical Therapist initiates and participates in program development, continuing education, departmental staff meetings and quality improvement programs. Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and at times hostile residents within the facility.
This description of responsibilities is intended to reflect the major responsibilities and duties of the job, but is not intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.