Clinical Nursing Director
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Summary: Accountable for the provision of high quality patient care for all residents through the effective coordination of nursing services and other interdisciplinary services for the 24 hour, 7 day a week operation. Ensures compliance with established standard practices of regulatory requirements. Works collaboratively within the organization to promote the mission of The Jewish Home to be a premier provider of care for the elderly.|
Reports To: VP, Nursing
Titles Supervised: Nursing, Clinical Support, Social Work and Recreation personnel
1. Establishes and maintains established policies, procedures, CQI programs and safety, environmental and infection control standards. Provides direct administrative and technical supervision of nursing, admissions and continuing care functions.
2. Establishes performance goals. Provides leadership in planning, organization, evaluation and fiscal management.
3. Collaborates with executive management team in the promotion of The Jewish Homeís mission, vision and values statement.
4. Collaborates with interdisciplinary team members to develop and promote programs to enhance the residentís quality of life and healthcare.
5. Ensures compliance with applicable local, state and federal regulations and the policies and procedures of The Jewish Home. Follows and meets all timelines for various regulatory filing requirements.
6. Assists in the preparation of departmental budgets and allocation of funds based upon a review of department estimates and recommendations.
7. Provides Supervision and direction to staff
8. Maintains quality of care by providing corrective action as needed according to The Jewish Homeís disciplinary guidelines as well as demonstrates successful completion of core competencies.
9. Ensures quality of care according to policy and procedure through frequent unscheduled rounds.
10. Promotes and advances Journey initiatives.
11. Other related duties as assigned.
- Develops and monitors Nurse and Nursing Assistant assignments.
- Provides assessment when changes in resident/patient conditions occur.
- Verifies and co-signs all orders transcribed by the LPN.
- Maintains medical record according to facility and regulatory policy.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Monitors quality of care according to established indicators.
- Adheres to the Policies and Procedures of The Jewish Home.
- Assists in identify unit problems and implement corrective action.
- Works with staff and peers to develop systems which allow for consistent evaluation of nursing care.
- Seeks guidance as needed.
-Identifies attendance and punctuality problems, coaches staff and makes timely disciplinary decisions.
-Ensures scheduled staff evaluations are fair, consistent and timely.
Clinical Nursing Director (continued)
- Effectively communicates with all members of the interdisciplinary team to include any changes in resident condition, or changes in organizational policy& procedure or in regulatory processí.
- Actively participates in MDS completion and attends Care Plan meetings.
- Schedules and attends monthly staff meetings. Maintains minutes and attendance records.
- Participates in committees as assigned.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment with focus on resident comfort and safety.
- Maintains and monitors The Jewish Homeís Fire, Safety and Infection Control Policies.
- Contributes to the budget process.
-Integrates and monitors cost effective measures into daily operations.
Education: BSN or higher preferred
Experience: 5 years minimum experience in LTC management position with oversight of MDS and Performance Evaluation processes.
Licensure: RN, State of Connecticut
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and at times hostile residents within the facility. Ability to handle multiple demands and deadlines; Ability to read and communicate effectively; Ability to utilize various software packages to carryout position responsibilities
Physical and Mental Demands:
This description of responsibilities is intended to reflect the major responsibilities and duties of the job, but is not intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.