Social Worker, MSW
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Institute on Aging|
|Description:||Summary: (Summarize primary purpose of job function.) To provide care coordination and counseling to community based clients through private care management and The Center for Elder Abuse Prevention (The Center). |
Reports To: Program Director, Institute on Aging
Titles Supervised: n/a
FULL-TIME 40 HOURS
|Duties:||Essential Job Functions:|
1. Promotes and acts as Care Manager for clients of the IOA.
2. Performs intensive Care Management services to eligible Center clients not appropriate for shelter to include but not limited to an initial assessment, social service referral, medical care coordination, senior living needs planning, court advocacy, caregiver support, and crisis intervention.
3. Manages counseling, discharge planning, and coordination of care for all elder abuse shelter clients. Coordination may be intensive and include field trips with the client to outside agencies and organizations, such as the bank, court, or to purchase personal items, for example.
4. Creates and conducts outreach and education on elder abuse, geriatric services and other topics as developed for the IOA and The Center with particular attention to relationships with community partners and agencies.
5. All other related duties as assigned.
Experience: Requires at least 2-4 years of geriatric care experience. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within geriatrics as well as senior community resources.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.