Director of Nursing
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Summary: Accountable for the provision of high quality patient care for all residents through the effective coordination of nursing services and other interdisciplinary services. Ensures compliance with established standard practices of regulatory requirements. Works collaboratively within the organization to promote the mission of Jewish Senior Services to be a premier provider of care for the elderly |
Reports To: Sr. Vice President & Administrator
Titles Supervised: All Nursing and Clinical Support personnel; including Social Workers
|Duties:||Essential Responsibilities: |
1. Establish and maintain established policies, procedures, CQI programs and safety, environmental and infection control standards. Provides direct administrative and technical supervision of nursing, admissions and continuing care functions.
2. Establishes performance goals. Provides leadership in planning, organization, evaluation and fiscal management.
3. Collaborated with executive management team in the promotion of The Jewish Homeís mission, vision and values statement.
4. Collaborates with interdisciplinary team members to develop and promote programs to enhance the residentís quality of life and healthcare
5. Ensures compliance with applicable local, state and federal regulations and the policies and procedures of The Jewish Home. Follows and meets all timelines for various regulatory filing requirements.
6. Assists in the preparation of departmental budgets and allocation of funds based upon a review of department estimates and recommendations.
Education: BSN or higher preferred
Experience: 5 years minimum experience in LTC management position
Licensure: RN, State of Connecticut
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and at times hostile residents within the facility. Ability to handle multiple demands and deadlines; Ability to read and communicate effectively; Ability to utilize various software packages to carryout position responsibilities
This description of responsibilities is intended to reflect the major responsibilities and duties of the job, but is not intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.