Nursing Supervisor (Evenings)-10-0056-2FT
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Clinical Support Services|
The Nursing Supervisor provides administrative leadership throughout The Jewish Home during second or thirds shifts or on weekends. S/he assumes authority and provides coordination between all management levels. S/he is responsible and accountable for all resident/patient care and assures that quality care is delivered in accordance with The Jewish Home’s core value, policies and procedures.
Reports To: Director of Nursing
Assistant Nurse Managers, Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Certified Nursing Assistants, Unit Associates, Special Needs Assistants
Hours Per Week: 40 Hours
|Duties:||Essential Responsibilities: |
1. Maintains established department policies, procedures and objectives to ensure that the standards of nursing practice are consistently met throughout The Jewish Home. Transcribes physician orders accurately. Comprehensive documentation in the medical record. Follows investigative protocols.
2. Upholds the nursing program during the shift through allocation of nursing personnel, coordination of activities, and supervision of staff and serves as a clinical resource as needed.
3. Demonstrates knowledge and skill to provide care based on physical, psycho/social, educational, safety and related criteria appropriate to age, needs and abilities of the resident/patient. Interacts professionally with staff, physicians, patients and families to ensure that care is effectively and efficiently delivered.
4. Communicates effectively to all staff through verbal reports and written documentation and attends necessary Administrative meetings to disseminate important information to off shift staff.
5. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs.
6. Evaluates nursing performance and takes appropriate action making specific recommendations to the Director.
7. Maintains confidentiality at all times.
8. Completes successfully the core competencies of the Nursing Supervisor.
9. Works beyond normal working hours, on weekends and holidays when necessary. Scheduled hours may change to meet facility needs. May need to perform duties of other positions when necessary.
10. Maintain current resident care plans on all residents under his/her care.
11. Performs all other duties as requested.
Education: Graduate of a school of professional nursing; BSN preferred
Experience; 1-2 years supervisory experience in a geriatric healthcare setting preferred
Licensure; RN, State of Connecticut, CPR certification
Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and at times hostile residents within the facility. Ability to handle multiple demands and deadlines; Ability to read and communicate effectively; Ability to utilize various software packages to carryout position responsibilities
This description of responsibilities is intended to reflect the major responsibilities and duties of the job, but is not intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.