Rehab Aide -11-0109PT
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Description:||Summary: Assists therapy staff to promote efficient an quality service to residents in program. Assist residents to maintain/improve mobility under the supervision of a license therapist. Follow Certified Nurse Assistant guidelines.|
Reports To: Rehabilitation Clinical and Administrative Supervisors
Hours Per Week: 32 Hours
1. File therapy documentation in medical records.
2. Using good body mechanics assist patient on and off plinths and equipment. Assist in dressing and undressing as necessary. Prepare patient for application of modalities and other equipment.
3. Check patients frequently when receiving modalities. Follow all prescribed safety protocols. Notify supervisor of any problems with patients. Assist in transportation and toileting of patient as needed.
4. Assist therapist in treatment of patient per physician orders. If trained and under supervision therapist, may administer whirlpool and hot pack treatment and assist in exercise programs.
5. Check laundry daily to maintain and adequate supply. Notify supervisor if not delivered and need to wash hot packs covers. Changes linens as required.
6. Keep machines and equipment clean. Report any equipment needing repair to supervisor. Advise of any supplies that need to be ordered. Wash exercise mats daily. Check temperature in hydro collators and clean paraffin units monthly. Maintain appropriate water level. Culture tanks monthly.
7. Transports residents to and from nursing units/therapy departments.
8. Successful completion of Core Competencies.
9. Work one Saturday per month.
10. Carry out rehab maintenance program for residents per therapist recommendations.
11. Other related duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or GED; Certified Nurse Assistant training
Experience: 6-12 months as a Certified Nurse Assistant, preferably in a geriatric health care setting
Licensure: Certified Nurse Assistant, State of Connecticut
Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and at times hostile residents within the facility. Ability to handle multiple demands and deadlines; Ability to read and communicate effectively; Ability to utilize various software packages to carryout position responsibilities.
This description of responsibilities is intended to reflect the major responsibilities and duties of the job, but is not intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.