Infection Control Nurse - Full-time 40hrs.
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Clinical Support Services|
|Description:||Summary: Responsible for the monitoring of infections and infection trends and coordinating the systems and training to prevent and/or reduce widespread infections at JSS. Reports To: VP of Nursing|
Titles Supervised: Staff
Hours Per Week: 40
1. Develops a system for detection of breakdown of Infection Control measures.
2. Confers with department heads, nurses, and nursing personnel and solicits their counsel concerning the techniques, procedures, products and equipment used as it relates to the departments infection control program.
3. Works closely with the Director in reviewing and revision of nursing procedures as related to infection control.
4. Participates in the evaluation of sanitation needs through the use of statistics, records, surveys and personnel conferences.
5. Participates in the development of applicable techniques and procedures for maintaining a high level of infection control in all areas.
6. Maintains confidentiality at all times.
7. Maintains effective communication with all department heads
Education Graduate of school of professional nursing; BSN preferred
Experience 1 year experience in Infection Control in a LTC setting
Licensure RN, State of Connecticut, Certification in Infection Control preferred
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Ability to handle multiple demands and deadlines; Ability to communicate effectively; Ability to utilize various software packages to carryout position responsibilities.
Physical and Mental Demands: This description of responsibilities is intended to reflect the major responsibilities and duties of the job, but is not intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.