Home Caregiver CNA/HHA - LIVE-OUT
|Employment Type:||Per Diem|
|Description:||Summary: Functions under the direction of a Nurse Case Manager or Nursing Supervisor in providing direct patient care services as outlined within the essential duties. Required to lift, transfer, and transport adult clients. Provide personal care to clients and keeps record on personal health care activities as defined within the respective regulatory environment.|
Reports To: Nurse Case Manager or Supervisor of Clinical Services
Titles Supervised: n/a
Hours Per Week: Per Diem - LIVE OUT
|Duties:||Essential Job Functions: |
1. Under the direction of the Nurse Case Manager, Supervisor of Clinical Services the following personal care duties may be performed in assisting the patient:
• Personal hygiene
• Meal preparation and eating
• Toileting and incontinent care
2. Performs duties as listed on the care plan and oriented and educated by the nurse. These may include:
• Assisting with the use of devices required for daily living such as a wheelchair, walker, crutches or cane, mechanical lift, with on site orientation by a nurse for each patient with a mechanical lift
3. Assist with prescribed range of motion exercises under the supervision of the case manager
4. As assigned, prepares special diets. Record intake and output. Encourages and offers fluids to provide adequate oral intake.
5. Records all personal care and therapeutic activities.
6. Reports any observed and behavioral changes in the client and reports to the Case Manager.
7. Follows infection control standard precautions and safety policies per agency, state and federal regulations. Uses personal protective equipment as required.
8. Maintains a clean and neat environment for the client.
9. Assists the client to meet socialization needs and maintains a dignified quality of life for the client.
10. According to state and federal regulations handles clean, soiled and contaminated linens as instructed and properly dispose of waste material.
11. Completes activity sheets and time slips in accordance with agency policy.
12. Responds quickly and courteously to requests of the client.
13. Maintains confidentiality of client information.
14. As instructed per the plan of care medication reminders.
15. Record temperature, pulse, respirations and weight, and communicates changes to Nurse Case Manager.
16. Report all accidents and injuries to the Jewish Home Care Agency.
17. Utilizes effective written/verbal communication in English.
18. Follows established guidelines of communication and authority.
20. Other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: Six months work experience as a companion caring for a senior or loved one or have completed HHA or Certified Nurse Assistant Training. For hands on cases, at least 1 year in a home or LTC environment
Licensure: For hands on cases a HHA or CNA license is preferred. For driving case, a must have a valid State driver’s license
The ability to read, write and carry out directions in English. If the client requests a companion with a driver’s license, they must have a valid State driver’s license as well as submit to a Department of Motor Vehicle check. The companion’s driving record must not show prior driving violations above and beyond what is considered “normal”.
This description of responsibilities is intended to reflect the major responsibilities and duties of the job, but is not intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.